Thursday, March 10, 2011

They say I'm eliminated and done but I'm not dead.


I am currently not unemployed but am waiting for the phone call to tell me I am. My job was eliminated last week and I was given a choice to apply for another job within the company so I did. I picked the one closest to my salary and applied and went for an interview. They said they would call and let me know. I have mentally made the decision to become unemployed and follow my dream to create cards and make a success of selling them.
I am not one who talks well to people and I hate selling but in order for this to be a success I have to get over this fear. My mother tried to accomplish this by having my sisters and I tell stories in front of people each month at the library in our home town. Every time I got up there I was petrified. It didn't bother my sisters at all and they all some way or another got into sales. I like being the person behind the scene. I have been reading and learning about promoting yourself and your product. I love my product and think it is unique so selling it should be easy. It is just getting the nerve to do this. My daughter and I are in this together and she is a great go getter. Together we should be able to accomplish this. I now know why artist people have others manage their work. But to get to this point you have to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment