Friday, March 18, 2011

Senior Discounts


I checked this great book out at the library called "Discounts,Deals&Steals" by Readers Digest and it was published in 2011 so you know they are still good suggestions. I found great recipes and ideas for saving money and to ask everywhere if they have a senior discount. They can only say no. It even suggested you ask at the supermarket about senior discounts and what days. It even tells you where to get help being an entrepreneur. I also decided I would keep a gallon of white vinegar around, it seems to be good for everything including our environment and cleaning. The great thing is it is cheap. Rubbing alcohol works on getting rid of ants and it is going to be that time soon. It even tells you where to get more education free and places to volunteer in your area. Just lots of good info. Here is their Early Bird Mantra
" I will strive to unearth every discount I deserve, in every part of my life.
I will proudly ask for senior discounts, in the knowledge that those who offer them want and need my patronage today and in the future.
I will be a savvy consumer not only because having extra money is useful, but also because I believe in the values of simple, frugal, clever living.
I will enjoy the spectacular rewards of being over 50 and share my Early Bird wisdom with others.
I will understand that part of being an Early Bird is being lighthearted and joyful about everyday life, and that the pursuit of savings is a game I will always win!"
I love this, Thank you Readers Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment