Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Posting on Etsy


Wow, how exciting to be able to do this myself. It took me several hours but when I was done I was thrilled to hit finish. It only takes my daughter about 10 minutes and someday I will be that fast. Thinking of how to describe your product is the hardest. You have to be able to think of something catchy. When you are always writing about the same thing this gets harder to do. Sure they are different but not always that different. You can cut and paste(which is really cool) or Etsy has a button that says copy. This is real easy but you still have to be careful and read it over. The title is what catches people in the first place and then the description of your product. There is a category next for materials used and then what category you want it listed in and then sub-categories and tags. All these words are becoming familiar now thank goodness. The price is also hard to figure because you can't really count your time, at least not all of it or you might never sell anything. I do it because I love to but some cards take me hours and some just come quickly. The paper and its color influence me a lot on my choices of what to make. All of this great selling opportunity is only twenty cents a posting. Pretty cheap I think. My goal is to list at least one item a day and fill up our shop with at least one hundred choices for our customers. Oh you also get to upload 5 pictures for this price. This is such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment